Kegerator is the authority on home & commercial keg refrigerators (kegerators), draft beer dispensers and premium kegerator accessories.
We partner with top manufacturers such as EdgeStar, Avanti, Haier, and Danby to provide our customers the longest lasting, highest rated kegerators. We guarantee we’ll match you with the right kegerator or conversion kit for your application at the best price
Here are the four best kegerators under $500:
Table of Contents
Set up a home brewing system to serve cold draft beer using the EdgeStar Ultra Low Temp Full Size Kegerator with Black Door (KC2000). EdgeStar full size kegerators are capable of reaching temperatures in the low 30s, making them the coldest of any kegerators on the market.
Ideal for seasoned beer enthusiasts looking for a reliable kegerator before spending a fortune on a commercial unit, or people who are just starting out.
The EdgeStar full size kegerator is an excellent value, combining a designed-to-fit refrigerator with commercial-grade, NSF-approved beer and air lines.
All the beer components are high-quality parts that include a Domestic “D” coupler, CO2 regulator, stainless steel draft tower with faucet, beer and gas line and a new aluminum CO2 tank (empty).
- Holds US Standard 1/4 and 1/2 Kegs. Does NOT support use of Coors, Miller, rubberized or other oversized kegs
- Temp Range: Low 30’s to Mid 40’s; Easy conversion to a refrigerator; 5 lbs CO2 cylinder included (supplied empty)
- Dimensions: 48 1/2 x 20 1/10 x 24 13/16 (height includes the draft tower), Warranty: 90 days labor, 1 year parts
- For freestanding use only, Casters included for easy mobility, Drip tray catches spills to contain drips and messes
- For a stainless steel version please see model# KC2000SSA, for a dual tap see KC2000TWIN, and dual tap stainless KC2000SSTWIN.
Build the kegerator of your dreams using the EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator Conversion Refrigerator with Digital Display (BR3001BL). With a spacious cabinet and precise temperature controls, this refrigerator is the perfect starting point for your custom kegerator project.
Intuitive Control Panel: The easy-to-use and easy-to-read control panel allows you to adjust and monitor temperature settings, ensuring that your beer remains cold and fresh.
Deep Chill Mode: Perfect for quickly cooling down a new keg, the handy Deep Chill Mode sends the unit’s cooling compressor into overdrive when pressed and sends it back into regular cooling mode when pressed again.
Included Accessories: To jump start the conversion process, this refrigerator includes four (4) mobility casters, an attractive guard rail, and surface mount drip tray, and if you would like to use the unit as a refrigerator, it comes with two (2) wire shelves.
- Fits kegs of all sizes, including rubberized, half-barrel, slim quarter, up to three (3) sixth barrel kegs, and up to three (3) corny kegs
- Temperature Range: 32 – 50°F / Deep Chill Mode: With the touch of a button quickly cool new kegs, then deactivate to maintain the desired temperature
- Features a knockout on the back of the unit to allow for external storage of the CO2 tank / Unit Dimensions: 33-1/2″ H x 23-5/8″ W x 23-3/8″ D / Installation Type: freestanding
- Included Accessories: Attractive guard rail, four (4) mobility casters, surface mount drip tray, and two (2) wire shelves to convert this unit to a standard refrigerator
- PLEASE NOTE: Delivery will be curbside, inside delivery is not available. A valid phone number is required for delivery purposes, please ensure the correct phone number is provided in your shipping information when placing this order.
The EdgeStar Ultra Low Temp Refrigerator for Kegerator Conversion is the refrigerator used to build the EdgeStar kegerator. This unit is designed to work with the beer line components and hardware included with the EdgeStar KC2000, and it’s great for your homemade kegerator project or for replacing the refrigerator unit of your kegerator only.
The refrigerator unit is UL listed and stores up to a full-sized half shell Sankey standard keg. It features a reversible door and casters for easy mobility. EdgeStar full size kegerators are capable of reaching temperatures in the low 30s making them the coldest kegerators out of any on the market.
It does not support the use of Coors or Miller rubberized kegs or other oversized kegs.
Refrigerator Only: Included in this purchase is a refrigerator which can be used with existing kegerator hardware and components.
Temperature Range: Keep beverages cool from the low 30’s to the mid 40’s
Stainless Steel Door: This sturdy door looks great and will hold up over the life of the unit (included on SS model only).
Ample Capacity: Store up to a half shell Sankey standard keg.
Easy Mobility: Included casters make this unit easy to relocate.
When you think Kegerator oneself is prone to instantly flies off the handle and start envisioning belt-high ice-boxes with a price tag of 700 or more. Well, luckily, we live in the 21st century, a time where micro is what’s hip.
SPT is an appliance company that has a clear obsession with countertop doodads. From dishwashers, to stoves, they have their finger on the countertop pulse. As such, when kegerators became a craze and started waltzing into the limelight, becoming the next Kanye of home products, SPT instantly started grooming their own bad-ass rapper.
The SPT BD-0538 Mini Kegerator & Dispenseris an attractive, bucket size, beer dispenser hits the bullseye on many key points. The main one, the BIG selling point, is the fact that it’s the size of R2D2’s baby… Tiny! It manages to store your beer cool and ready for frosty festivals and due to it size, it doesn’t really ratchet up the electricity bill… Unlike those energy hogs out there.
- Chills your choice of brew within 19-21 hours, storing your suds and bountiful mana at optimum temperature for up to 30 days.
- Accepts standard 5lt kegs (some home brewers now use these types of containers apart from those legendary Growlers) as well as store bought 5L kegs from all the mayor beer brands.
- Equipped with a pressurized CO2 cartridge. It even includes 3 extra CO2 Cartridges for future replacements.
- Has an LED Temperature display with easy push button functionality for all of us who think the instruction manual is nothing more than a nuisance.
- Thermoelectric cooling system.
- Removable water drip tray for easy clean up.
- Stainless steel housing.
You are basically paying for what your buying, in other words if it seems cheap then it is cheap. After reviewing lots of these appliances every year, we’ve come up with five things to look for in a kegerator.
How those five things stack up for you depends on your needs and situation. Whether you’re looking for a kegerator to enjoy draft beer at home or you have a catering business and want to offer beer at events, there’s a kegerator designed for it.
- Price: Of course, the first thing to consider is your budget. Kegerators are not the cheapest appliance to buy, costing a bit more than a general use refrigerator.
- Available space: Buying a kegerator means you will need to make space for another appliance. Chances are, you have space if you’re shopping for something to keep a keg of beer cold, but that space varies from buyer to buyer.
- Temperature control: Every beer has a sweet spot regarding the temperature it should be kept at, so a kegerator that offers precise temperature control is a plus.
- Beer consumption: How much beer do you need to have on hand? The answer to that question will tell you how big of a keg you’ll be storing, which also determines the size kegerator you need.
- Portability Do you need a kegerator that can be wheeled from room to room or one that can be taken outside and brought back in? You might be better served by a portable kegerator that rolls on wheels, if that’s the case.